Today, Josh is seeing if he can impress his cat with a gourmet meal. Make your own with the recipe below! MK # 064
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Submit your Dreams Become Food photos here: https://forms.gle/AVza358reaRLNYjt5
Check out our podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich!
Apple Podcasts: https://www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you’ll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh’s Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Catnip Risotto – 1:05
Salmon Pate – 7:02
Liver Mousse – 10:07
Step 1: Make The Catnip Barley Risotto
* 4 cans fancy feast ocean whitefish
* 2 whole fish (trout or something?)
* 1 bottle catnip
* ½ cup pre-cooked barley
* 1 big bowl of spinach
1) Add whole fish to an instant pot with some catnip. Pressure cook on high for 20 minutes. Strain the fish stock.
2) Add hot fish stock to fresh spinach in a vitamix and puree.
3) Add the barley to a pan with spinach white fish catnip stock and simmer while constantly stirring until all the liquid has absorbed, about 8 minutes. Let cool and reserve.
* Instant Pot
* Large sauce pot
* Large saucepan
Step 2: Make Salmon Pumpkin Pate
* 2 filets salmon, skin-on
* 1 pumpkin
1) Poach salmon in simmering water for 10 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove and drain on paper towels.
2) Skin squash and boil until fully cooked.
3) Hand chop the salmon with the squash to create a bright orange paste.
* Cutting Board
* 2 medium sauce pots
* Paper towels
Step 3: Sous Vide Chicken Liver Mousse and Assemble
* 8 ounces raw chicken livers
* 2 raw egg yolks
* Bottle of catnip
1) Clean livers and add to a sous vide bag along with catnip.
2) Remove livers from sous vide, pat dry on paper towels, then add to a food processor with raw egg yolks.
3) Add a large ring mold to a plate. Layer on barley risotto, salmon pate, and chopped liver.
* 1 large stock pot with water
* Vacuum sealer
* Sous vide machine
* Food processor
* Ring mold